Thursday, March 29, 2012
Love Those 80's!
During Red Ribbon Week at school, they always have a different "theme" for the kids to dress up in for each day of the week. One day was "Wear Red Day" and "Crazy Hair Day" then "Pajama Day"... and one of the days was "80's Day". My girls came home from school and asked what "80's Day" was. How sad... an era that I GREW UP IN is now a dress-up day!!!
At least I had fun dressing them up. And some of the stuff is actually back in style (or at least is similar) like the BRIGHT colors and we even found the jelly bracelets that we use to wear up our arms. I even crimped their hair... they LOVED it!
Isn't it funny how fads come and go... and come back in style again? It got me thinking of how much I really LOVE the 80's... ok, so the big poofy bangs and punk mohawks weren't that great, but there are some things that I really loved. Like the cartoons...
Yes, even the BOY cartoons... I have brothers, so I had to watch those too.
I know they've re-done a lot of these cartoons now, but they just aren't the same. Then there were the TV shows... "Punky Brewster", "Family Ties", "Charles In Charge"... Yep, I grew up on those too.
Oh the GOOD OL' DAYS... when things were simpler, and we didn't have a care in the world. Maybe that's why I miss it???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























No comments:
Post a Comment